Special Forces 7” x 5” Guidon Design 75-D1 Framed. The framed army Special Forces guidon features triple acid-free mats, an embroidered single-sided guidon sewn in place, two object openings, an open V-Groove, 99% UV protected acrylic glazing, and your choice of three frame profiles. (ALLOW THREE WEEKS FOR DELIVERY) Rush Orders Call: 1-912-756-2781
Special Forces 7” x 5” Guidon Design 75-D1 Framed. The framed army guidon features an embroidered single-sided guidon sewn onto the bottom acid-free mat. The Special Forces guidon has triple acid-free mats. The top two mats are cut into the shape of the guidon with an opening for each object. The bottom mat is used for mounting objects in the openings. This example includes an opening for the guidon and a nameplate beneath the Special Forces guidon. The design also includes an open V-groove immediately around the Special Forces guidon and nameplate. Surrounding the mats is a traditional 1.5” wide medium brown tone wood frame with metal corner caps. Other frame options include a 1.375” wide black matte finish wood frame or a 1.25” wide wood mahogany finish wood frame. The glazing for the frame is 99% UV protected acrylic. This frame selection is very popular with the military.
Special Forces 7” x 5” Guidon Design 75-D1 Framed – Features & Conditions:
- An embroidered single-sided cotton guidon for display that is included in the price.
- The embroidered guidon is sewn onto the bottom acid-free mat to prevent it from sagging or shifting in the future.
- This 7” x 5” Special Forces guidon design contains two object openings for the guidon and nameplate.
- The nameplate is included in the price. The area for the nameplate is approximately 5” x 2.5”. Our standard plate size permits 5 lines of print with 35 characters per line.
- Select one of the four nameplate designs. Provide the correct information to be printed on the nameplate. Contact us if you desire a larger plate so we can quote the additional cost.
- The Special Forces guidon utilizes our suggested acid-free triple mats for the color combination that best complements the guidon. Contact us with your questions about mat color substitutions.
- The frame consists of triple acid-free mats. The top two mats are cut into the shape of the guidon with an opening for each object. Also, the bottom mat is used for mounting the objects (coins, patches, insignia, crests, etc.)
- The design features our signature open V-Groove that surrounds the guidon and objects inside the frame.
- An open V-groove is a very complex design which involves cutting the top mat into two separate pieces and properly aligning them in place around the guidon and objects. This is a design rarely attempted by other framers. (Please do not confuse the open V-Groove with the closed V-Groove.)
- The aesthetic value of the open V-groove with triple acid-free mats provides added depth. This in turn focuses your attention to the center of the completed guidon project.
- A hidden component to the framing design is the acid-free foamboard spacers that separate the glazing from the metal objects. The foamboard spacers prevent scratches to the glazing from metal objects inside the frame and offers added depth and dimension to the framed piece.
- A medium brown tone wood frame with metal corner caps pictured in this example is our most popular frame for guidons and Special Forces framing projects. It is also the default selection used for display.
- We offer three frame profile options: 1.5” wide medium brown tone wood frame in a traditional profile with metal corner caps (the default selection) with an outside diameter of 16.5”W x 18.875”H, a 1.375” wide matte black wood frame in a transitional contemporary profile with an outside diameter of 16.25”W x 18.625”H, or a 1.25” wide wood mahogany furniture finish frame in a contemporary profile with an outside diameter of 16”W x 18.375”H.
- Glazing for the framed Special Forces Guidon consists of 99% UV protected acrylic to prevent fading and discoloration of the guidon, mats, and any non-metal object. The UV protected acrylic also minimizes the chances of damage from breakage during shipping.
- All guidons shipped from our facility include 99% UV protected acrylic glazing. If you desire to pick up the guidon, contact us, and we will discuss other glazing options.
- The design packages depicted throughout this site for the Special Forces Guidon are the most often requested. However, we offer a number of custom framing options. We invite you to view custom examples in our completed projects section. Feel free to contact us with any specific design questions regarding customization.
- All guidons shipped within the lower 48 states receive free shipping and insurance through FedEx Ground Service.
- The guidon is framed using conservation quality materials (acid-free mats, tape, foamboard, and backing paper) to produce an “heirloom piece” for generations to enjoy.
- A turn-around time for a typically framed guidon order is three weeks. Contact us for rush order availability and pricing at 1-912-756-2781.
- We must receive within 5 days of the order the objects (i.e. challenge coins, patches, rank pins, unit crests, and insignias) to be included in the guidon frame at the customer’s shipping expense.
- Customers may furnish their own guidon with shipping at their expense. Please contact us for price variance.
- Please Note: mat colors and guidon colors may vary slightly from the example on your monitor. This is due to monitor inconsistencies and the dyes contained within different bolts of cloth.
We offer a choice of three frame profiles for each guidon size. Please select one of the frame profiles below for either the 7″ x 5″ guidon or the 12″ x 9″ guidon. (Please note: The M-1 includes metal corner caps as part of the package. It is our most popular guidon frame for the smaller sizes and the default choice.)
Profile Selection M-1 is a 1.5” wide, 1” tall, and has a 1/2” rabbet. M-1 is a medium brown wood frame in a traditional style with mounted metal corner caps. The metal caps for this guidon frame are included at no additional cost. The M-1 molding profile with corner caps is the most popular molding profile we sell for the smaller guidons. The use of this profile extends beyond framing military guidons.
Profile Selection M-2 is a 1.375” wide black matte finish wood frame, 15/16” tall, with a 1/2” rabbet. M-2 is made from real wood and has a black matte gesso finish.
Profile Selection M-3 is a 1.25” wide, 3/4” high, with a 9/16” rabbet. The M-3 frame profile is made from real wood and has a mahogany finish. This frame profile has been classified as a contemporary frame style.
A name plate is included with the guidon frame design package. Please select one of the four nameplate choices. There is room for 6 lines of print, with 35 character per line. If a larger name plate is required, please contact us. Also Please fill out the text at checkout that you wish to have engraved on the nameplate.
Items In The Standard Framed Guidon E-Commerce Package
As we have mentioned throughout the site, that our e-commerce function is designed primarily to simplify the purchase process for a framed guidon in one of four sizes. Each size includes three frame choices and three design choices. Also, each design includes one of four nameplate selections.
The standard e-commerce framed guidon package includes all of the elements listed below. There is no additional charge for any item on this list. If customization is desired, please contact us and we will custom design a framed guidon package with different colored mats, frames, nameplates, or reconfigure and increase the number of objects with the guidon. We will provide images of the design for your consideration and approval.
Our E-Commerce Framed Guidon Package Includes:
- We furnish the guidon. You select the size guidon you want (and we will sew the guidon in place to an acid-free mat.) There are 4 guidon sizes to select from. Select either a 7” x 5”; a 12” x 9”; a 15” x 20”, or the 28” x 20” guidon size. If you prefer to furnish the guidon, contact us and we will issue you a coupon code to reduce the purchase price at checkout.
- The guidon we furnish is embroidered on a cotton blend fabric. Please specify the guidon and provide the letters and numbers in the checkout form. There is no charge for embroidering the guidons numbers or letters. The lettering is included in the package price.
- There are three design configurations for each size guidon you select. For example, a 7” x 5” guidon utilizing design D1 will include the guidon and a nameplate. The 7” x 5” guidon design D3 will include the guidon, a coin beneath the guidon, and the nameplate beneath the coin. As the guidon sizes increase, the number of objects included in the frame package design increases as well. Please note: the customer is responsible for furnishing all objects, except the guidon and a nameplate. These two items are also included in the package design at no additional cost. We must have the items to be framed before we begin construction of the guidon frame.
- Triple acid-free mats are included in the frame package. The preselected mat colors are representative of the colors that have worked exceedingly well for our customers for a particular guidon.
- The inclusion of triple acid-free mats works as follows: The bottom matt is used for attaching objects in the guidon. Double mats are used to surround the guidon and the objects.
- The frame is included in the price. Make a selection from one of three frame profiles. If a guidon is framed using either profile M-1 or M-4, metal corner caps will be installed on the frame at no additional charge. The M-1 and the M-4 profiles are similar, with the exception of their size. Also, the M-1 and M-4 profiles with corner caps are our most popular frames for military projects.
- The guidon and its objects will be assembled inside the frame using conservation/archival framing techniques that include acid-free materials.
- The open V-groove is our signature design element and is included in the package price.
- Acid-free spacers are used to separate objects from the glazing. This is a very important consideration for protecting the glazing against damage.
- The nameplate is included in the purchase price for any of the four nameplate selections available. The standard size nameplate is 5” wide by 2.5” high. If a larger nameplate or different style is desired, there will be a slight upcharge. Please contact us if you desire additional text or a larger nameplate. We will be happy to custom design a framed guidon, with the new size nameplate.
- All orders that we ship includes 99% UV protected acrylic glazing. For any orders that are picked up at our shop, we will use 99% UV protected glass. There is an inherent danger in shipping guidons with glass. So, all shipments include 99% UV protected acrylic glazing.
- Heavy-duty hangers and coated wire are matched to the weight of the frame and included in the price.
- We only ship to an address that can provide a signature confirmation. We provide insurance on all guidons we ship.
- All orders shipped include free shipping to the lower forty-eight states. Shipping charges apply to Hawaii and Alaska. Contact us if you desire shipment outside the US.
If you desire additional design elements, different colored mats, additional or different objects inside the frame, or photographs, or additional objects, please contact us and we’ll be glad to custom design a new guidon configuration that meets your specifications.