Special Forces Version 2 12” x 9” Guidon Design 129-D2 Framed. The framed Special Forces guidon features triple acid-free mats, an embroidered single-sided guidon sewn in place, five object openings, an open V-Groove, 99% UV protected acrylic glazing, and your choice of three frame profiles. (ALLOW THREE WEEKS FOR DELIVERY) Rush Orders Call: 1-912-756-2781
Special Forces Version 2 12” x 9” Guidon Design 129-D2 Framed. The framed army guidon features an embroidered single-sided guidon sewn onto the bottom acid-free mat. The Special Forces Version 2 guidon has triple acid-free mats. The top two mats are cut into the shape of the guidon with an opening for each object. The bottom mat is used for mounting objects in the openings. This guidon design features five object openings. The first opening is for the guidon. Within the guidon’s swallowtail is an opening for a unit crest or similar size object. Beneath the guidon are three object openings. The opening on the left is for a rank pin or similar size object. The opening in the center is for a nameplate. The opening on the right is for another rank pin or similar size object. The design also includes an open V-groove immediately around the Special Forces Version 2 guidon and nameplate. Surrounding the mats is a traditional 1.5” wide medium brown tone wood frame with metal corner caps. Other frame options include a 1.375” wide black matte finish wood frame or a 1.25” wide wood mahogany finish wood frame. The glazing for the frame is 99% UV protected acrylic. This frame selection is very popular with the military.
Special Forces Version 2 12” x 9” Guidon Design 129-D2 Framed – Features & Conditions:
- An embroidered single-sided cotton guidon for display that is included in the price.
- The embroidered guidon is sewn onto the bottom acid-free mat to prevent it from sagging or shifting in the future.
- This 12” x 9” Special Forces Version 2 guidon design contains five object openings for the guidon, unit crests, two rank pins, and nameplate.
- The nameplate is included in the price. The area for the nameplate is approximately 5” x 2.5”. Our standard plate size permits 5 lines of print, with 35 characters per line.
- Select one of the four nameplate designs. Provide the correct information to be printed on the nameplate. Contact us if you desire a larger plate so we can quote the additional cost.
- The Special Forces Version 2 guidon utilizes our suggested acid-free triple mats for the color combination that best complements the guidon. Contact us with your questions about mat color substitutions.
- The frame consists of triple acid-free mats. The top two mats are cut into the shape of the guidon with an opening for each object. Also, the bottom mat is used for mounting the objects (coins, patches, insignia, crests, etc.)
- The design features our signature open V-Groove that surrounds the guidon and objects inside the frame.
- An open V-groove is a very complex design which involves cutting the top mat into two separate pieces and properly aligning them in place around the guidon and objects. This is a design rarely attempted by other framers. (Please do not confuse the open V-Groove with the closed V-Groove.)
- The aesthetic value of the open V-groove with triple acid-free mats provides added depth. This in turn focuses your attention to the center of the completed guidon project.
- A hidden component to the framing design is the acid-free foamboard spacers that separate the glazing from the metal objects. The foamboard spacers prevent scratches to the glazing from metal objects inside the frame and offers added depth and dimension to the framed piece.
- A medium brown tone wood frame with metal corner caps pictured in this example is our most popular frame for guidons and military framing projects. It is also the default selection used for display.
- We offer three frame profile options: 1.5” wide medium brown tone wood frame in a traditional profile with metal corner caps (the default selection) with an outside diameter of 23.125”W x 22.75”H, a 1.375” wide matte black wood frame in a transitional contemporary profile with an outside diameter of 22.875”W x 22.5”H, or a 1.25” wide wood mahogany furniture finish frame in a contemporary profile with an outside diameter of 22.625”W x 22.25”H.
- Glazing for the framed Special Forces Version 2 Guidon consists of 99% UV protected acrylic to prevent fading and discoloration of the guidon, mats, and any non-metal object. The UV protected acrylic also minimizes the chances of damage from breakage during shipping.
- All guidons shipped from our facility include 99% UV protected acrylic glazing. If you desire to pick up the guidon, contact us, and we will discuss other glazing options.
- The design packages depicted throughout this site for the Special Forces Version 2 Guidon are the most often requested. However, we offer a number of custom framing options. We invite you to view custom examples in our completed projects section. Feel free to contact us with any specific design questions regarding customization.
- All guidons shipped within the lower 48 states receive free shipping and insurance through FedEx Ground Service.
- The guidon is framed using conservation quality materials (acid-free mats, tape, foamboard, and backing paper) to produce a “heirloom piece” for generations to enjoy.
- A turn-around time for a typically framed guidon order is three weeks. Contact us for rush order availability and pricing at 1-912-756-2781.
- We must receive within 5 days of the order the objects (i.e. challenge coins, patches, rank pins, unit crests, and insignias) to be included in the guidon frame at the customer’s shipping expense.
- Customers may furnish their own guidon with shipping at their expense. Please contact us for price variance.
- Please Note: mat colors and guidon colors may vary slightly from the example on your monitor. This is due to monitor inconsistencies and the dyes contained within different bolts of cloth.
There are no reviews yet.